WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information collected online will only be disclosed within our corporate group and to third parties for the purposes for which it was collected, as authorised and consented by you. For example, the conduct of a sales transaction of a product of your choice on our website.
When you register a GM2U account, the personal information we collect may include your:
• Delivery Address
• Email Address
• Date of Birth (Optional)
• Gender (Optional)
When you make a purchase on the GM2U website, the additional personal information we collect may include:
• Telephone Number
• Mobile Number
• Delivery Address
• Credit card details (optional) and payment method
We may obtain information about your usage of our Website to help us develop and improve it further through online surveys and other requests.
WHAT THE DATA WILL BE USED FOR?
The mandatory personal information we collect from you will be used and or shared within our corporate group and to third parties for one or the following purposes:
• To deliver products that you purchase from our website. For example, we may pass your name and address on to a third party such as our courier Service Company or supplier of choice in order to make delivery of the product to you;
• To inform and update you on the delivery of the product and for customer support purposes;
• To provide you with relevant product information;
• To process your orders and to provide you with the services and information offered through our website and which you may request;
• To allow us to administer your registered account with us;
• To verify and carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you may make online. For Example, payments that you make through our website will be processed by our appointed agent. Disclosure to these data processing agents such as that of our appointed agent in this context is necessary for the purpose of conducting the sales transaction that you have opted for.
• The non-mandatory personal information such as date of birth and gender are used to carry out researches on our users’ demographics and for us to send you suggestion or information in the form of promotional emails which we think you may find useful, thereby, enhancing your experience when you visit our website. By providing us this non-mandatory personal information, you are deemed to have consented to be part of our researches and to receiving suggestions or information as outlined above.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE SHARE WITH OTHERS?
We may contract with other companies to provide certain services, including credit card processing, shipping, name and address verification, email distribution, market research and promotions management. We provide these companies with only the information they need to perform their services and work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected. These companies are prohibited by contract from using this information for their own marketing purposes or from sharing this information with anyone other than GM2U. We will not pass your information on to any other companies or other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have agreed for us to do so.
GM2U ensures that all information collected will be safely and securely stored. We protect your personal information by:
• Allowing access to personal information only via passwords;
• Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorized computer access;
• Securely destroying your personal information when it is no longer needed for our record retention purposes
We will not share your information with any other organizations other than our corporate group and those third parties directly related to and necessary for the purchase of products, delivery of the same and purpose for which you have authorized. In exceptional circumstances, GM2U may be required to disclose personal information, such as when there are grounds to believe that the disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, or required by the law.
LINKS TO THIRD-PARTY SITES
CHANGES TO THE POLICY